Angle iron trailer ramps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle iron trailer ramps

Anyone have the trailer ramps that are made out of angle iron that could take a picture for me? Trying to decide what to do. I can get the jeep on the trailer no problem, but if I decide to haul a car I will need ramps.

Could you also grab a pic of the channel that the ramps hook onto?

Right now the trailer has a round rear cross member with a few tubes welded onto the back for fold down ramps. I plan to cut off the cross member, shorten the trailer by about 6" and weld on a flat rear cross member to put lighting in. I will need to make something on that cross member to retain ramps if I go that route.
    ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

Enough with the ADD, get your jeep ready and go wheeling

If you're hauling a car find a nice incline to load it on.
    Bottoms Up Rock Racing #515

Thanks to: 1st Mariner Mortgage, Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts, Appalachian Offroad

Comment

I have some nice aluminum ramps you could borrow or buy.

Jack
      I know this forum isn't used much anymore
      Moab 2015.

Comment

I'll take pictures of my ramp......just one.
        For the record, the cake forum does not have these problems.
        Bottoms Up Rock Racing
        www.bottomsuprockracing.com
        I :heart: Duct Tape

Comment

here are my i made. the ramp use to be one big one but i didn't like or trust it to much. i just used some 1/4 1x2 steel and some 2x2 angle. i used the old ramps hinge and just weld it on to the new ramps. i was going to make something that i could have slide under the trailer to store the ramps but i like having them up like they are so i can see the trailer better when backing up empty.

there not the best looking i'm sure the welds look like crap but they hold my jeep so i'm happy

Comment

Mine are two pieces of C-channel, C-'s facing out with angle iron welded as crossbars every 8" or so and a piece of C-channel, C facing down that catches a lip at the back of the trailer.
            countrygirl02011 (11:53:54 AM): i am just very sophisticated and enjoy a glass or bottle of wine sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Bear View Post

If you're hauling a car find a nice incline to load it on.
              JT and i loaded my cheerleader/soccermom non-4wd liberty on his trailer with the little oil change rampy things. it was quite an adventure but it worked.

Comment

Working...
              X